Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I have ONE life to live....




Okay now here is a great organization. Adventure Junkies beware, all your playing around on a skateboard, fishing, cycling, kayaking could actually give purpose to your life. Here is an organization that takes adventure travel and uses your brawn, and adrenaline to raise money for charity.

http://www.ventureexpeditions.org/

I love that they have an online community that helps people join in, and share their story. This is the very heart of pilgrimage. Becoming Human! Creating avenues for anyone to join in the mystery of life through journeys.

One blogger quotes Jimmy Carter saying.....

"have one life and one chance to make it count for something . . . I'm free to choose what that something is, and the something I've chosen is my faith. Now, my faith goes beyond theology and religion and requires considerable work and effort. My faith demands -- this is not optional -- my faith demands that I do whatever I can, wherever I am, whenever I can, for as long as I can with whatever I have to try to make a difference.- Jimmy Carter

So, what are you planning....how do you want to impact the world.....JOIN IN! Last summer one of my favorite authors Donald Miller took the challenge to raise money for drinking water. He biked across the US to do it. read about it here...

Ventures motto is "Benefit the world....Discover your soul."

So....if you had one life to live, seemingly no extraordinary gifts to offer world poverty, just a bike, and a love of riding.....what would you do? How could you change the world.....


Awesome






No comments: